About Mesa, Arizona
Mesa, Arizona, located in Maricopa County, is a vibrant and welcoming city known for its rich cultural heritage, stunning desert landscapes, and thriving community. Nestled in the heart of the Sonoran Desert, Mesa offers residents a unique blend of Southwestern charm and modern amenities.
With over 300 days of sunshine annually, Mesa is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. The city is surrounded by picturesque mountains and desert vistas, making it an ideal destination for hiking, biking, and exploring the natural beauty of the region. Mesa is also known for its family-friendly atmosphere, excellent schools, and a wide range of recreational opportunities.
Quick Links To Other City Pages
Average Home Price in Mesa
The average home price in Mesa, AZ, stands at approximately $450,750.
Based on calculations of home data from MLS and/or public records.
Veteran Benefits in Arizona
Arizona State Veterans Home
The state of Arizona has four veterans homes, including skilled nursing facilities in Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson, and Yuma. These homes provide essential care and support for honorably discharged veterans who require skilled nursing care, and they also admit spouses.
Arizona Veteran Financial Benefits
Arizona offers various financial benefits to veterans, including: - Active-duty pay is tax-free. - Military retirement pay and benefits, including Survivor Benefit Plan payments, are tax-free. - The Arizona Military Family Relief Fund provides financial assistance for military and veteran families facing hardships due to their service. Applicants can receive emergency assistance of up to $3,000, with a lifetime limit of $20,000. - No license tax or registration fee for a personally owned vehicle is collected from any 100% service-connected disabled veteran. A veteran residing in Arizona is exempt from vehicle license tax on a vehicle acquired through financial aid from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. This exemption also applies to the surviving spouse until they remarry. - Disabled veterans and their survivors may be eligible for property tax waivers in certain cases. Contact your County Assessor's office for eligibility. - The Tuition Waiver program provides eligible veterans or surviving dependents tuition-free education up to a bachelor’s degree at any Arizona public state university or community college. Eligibility includes un-remarried spouses or dependent children of an active-duty or Arizona National Guard member killed in the line of duty, current members of the Arizona National Guard with a Purple Heart received after Sep. 11, 2001, veterans of the Arizona National Guard medically discharged due to duty-related injury or disability, and veterans with a Purple Heart who were Arizona residents or stationed in Arizona at the time of the injury and have a VA disability rating of 50% or more.
Arizona Veteran Employment Benefits
Arizona provides employment benefits to veterans, including: - Veterans who pass an examination for state, county, or city employment will have 5 points added to their certification score. The veteran must have served for more than six months with an honorable discharge. - Honorably discharged veterans receiving VA disability compensation will have 10 points added to their certification score. - Certain spouses or surviving spouses will receive a 5-point preference if the veteran died of a service-connected disability. - The Veteran Toolkit Program assists unemployed veterans by providing them with the supplies they need to start working, ranging from boots and tools to bicycles. Qualifying veterans must live in Arizona, be enrolled in an Arizona Job Connection with Arizona@Work, and identify the job they need supplies for.
Arizona CDL Skills Test Waiver
Eligible military personnel or veterans may have the Commercial Driver License (CDL) skills tests waived when applying for a CDL if they are on active duty or within one year of discharge and have operated a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) or equivalent for at least two years immediately before discharge.
Arizona Real Estate Licensing
The Arizona Department of Real Estate offers reduced licensing requirements for military spouses.
Arizona Veteran Recreation Benefits
Arizona provides recreational benefits to veterans, including: - Active-duty members stationed in Arizona can get hunting and fishing licenses at the resident rate. - Free hunting/fishing combo licenses are available for 100% service-connected disabled veterans who have been Arizona residents for at least 12 months. Those with less than 100% disability receive a discounted license. - Arizona offers discounts to its state parks, including a 50% day-use discount to all active-duty, Guard and Reserve military members and up to three accompanying adult family members, a 50% day-use discount to all resident military retirees, a 50% off day-use pass to all disabled military, and a free day-use pass to all resident 100% service-connected disabled veterans.
Arizona Veteran Cemeteries
The state of Arizona has three veterans cemeteries located in Camp Navajo, Marana, and Sierra Vista. Any veteran with an other-than-dishonorable discharge is eligible for burial. Spouses and certain dependents are also eligible for burial. Veterans receive interment at no charge, while eligible spouses and dependents incur a one-time nominal fee. Visit the Arizona Department of Veterans Affairs website for more information about these programs.
Mesa Neighborhoods and Surrounding Cities
Mesa, Arizona, is a city brimming with diverse neighborhoods and surrounded by vibrant cities and towns that add to its charm and character. Here are some of the notable areas to explore:
- Downtown Mesa: Experience the cultural heart of Mesa in its historic downtown, where you'll find museums, theaters, and a thriving arts scene.
- Eastmark: Known for its family-friendly atmosphere, Eastmark offers top-rated schools and numerous parks, making it a great choice for families.
- Las Sendas: Nestled against the stunning Usery Mountain Regional Park, Las Sendas boasts scenic desert landscapes and outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Superstition Springs: This master-planned community features golf courses, shopping centers, and a range of housing options.
- Gilbert: Adjacent to Mesa, Gilbert offers a charming and modern suburban lifestyle with excellent schools and a welcoming community.
- Chandler: Located to the south, Chandler is known for its tech industry presence, great dining, and cultural attractions.
- Tempe: Just west of Mesa, Tempe is home to Arizona State University and offers a lively downtown scene, parks, and recreational activities.
- Queen Creek: A short drive southeast of Mesa, Queen Creek features a rural atmosphere, family farms, and a close-knit community.
- Apache Junction: This desert community is situated at the base of the Superstition Mountains, offering stunning views and outdoor adventures.
These neighborhoods and surrounding cities contribute to Mesa's unique tapestry of lifestyles, ensuring there's a perfect place for everyone to call home.
Military in Mesa
Mesa is proud to support a robust military community with various resources and organizations:
- Arizona Army National Guard: With a presence in Mesa, the Arizona Army National Guard plays a vital role in state and national defense.
- Veterans Services: Mesa offers a range of services for veterans, including assistance with VA benefits, healthcare, and employment.
- American Legion and VFW Posts: Veterans can connect with fellow service members and access support through local American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) posts.
Mesa's military community contributes to the city's diverse and inclusive culture, making it a welcoming place for veterans and their families.
Local Universities in Mesa
Mesa is home to several educational institutions that offer a wide range of academic opportunities:
- Mesa Community College: As one of the largest community colleges in the nation, Mesa Community College provides accessible education and diverse programs.
- Arizona State University Polytechnic Campus: Located in Mesa, this ASU campus focuses on technology, engineering, and innovation.
Whether you're pursuing higher education or seeking professional development, Mesa's universities provide a supportive environment for your academic journey.
VA Home Loans: Your Path to Homeownership in Mesa
Mesa, Arizona, offers a wealth of opportunities for veterans and active-duty service members to establish roots in a vibrant and growing community. VA Home Loans provide the key to homeownership, offering enticing benefits tailored to Mesa:
- No Down Payment: Mesa VA Loans eliminate the need for hefty down payments, making it easier for you to secure your dream home.
- Competitive Interest Rates: Enjoy competitive interest rates that save you money over the life of your loan.
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI): With VA Loans, you won't have to worry about costly PMI, reducing your monthly expenses.
These advantages make buying a home in Mesa a smart and affordable choice for veterans.
Discover MHS Lending: Your Mesa VA Loan Experts
MHS Lending specializes in VA Home Loans in Mesa, providing expert guidance and support throughout your homeownership journey. Our team understands the unique needs of veterans and is committed to streamlining the loan application process. Partner with us to:
- Receive Personalized Assistance: MHS Lending offers personalized support to veterans, ensuring you navigate the VA Loan process with confidence.
- Maximize Your Benefits: Our experts are dedicated to helping you make the most of your VA Loan benefits, from pre-qualification to closing.
- Experience Hassle-Free Home Buying: Let us simplify your home buying experience in Mesa, so you can focus on creating lasting memories.
Ready to embark on your homeownership journey in the vibrant city of Mesa? MHS Lending is your trusted partner every step of the way. Get Started Now.